18/02/2013

Another 'Step' Further

Condor Step Mosaic



This is another mosaic for one of my garden steps that I am creating.  Although I much prefer doing these outside in the sunshine, the weather doesn't always permit me to do so!  So this time I'm using two sheets of foamboard so at least it can be completed in the dry.

It is a mix of shades of blue porcelain and white porcelain tiles.  It follows similar themes to my Yin Yang step mosaic with the wave like scrolling on either sides.


You can just see the wee little condor I used to trace the outline here.  I think I'm rather obsessed with them considering how many times I've used them in my art.  But even though it's not native to the UK I find it such a gracious, and some ways, 'spiritual' creature so it feels right to include it in my creations :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment