04/01/2013

Yin Yang Step Mosaic


This is one which I actually created towards the end of the summer; however, it's only recently which I've had the chance to clean it up and photograph it properly.

For the first time I used non-glazed porcelain tiles as it was on a surface I didn't want people slipping on.  It features on one of the steps in the garden and hopefully the first of many; I am currently working on another as we speak.

The mosaic takes the theme of the sea again with its wavy blue patterns and shades.  I've actually only used two colours, but it's amazing what you can achieve when mixing shades :-)  There is a scroll-like border on either side which could also be used to represent the waves in the ocean.

The centrepiece is another attempt at Yin Yang, but this time in blue.  I'm hoping to continue the blue sea theme on other steps as well.




At the wall ends I've begun adding those flat polished stones you can get.  I've found them very good for patching up those hard to mosaic areas as well as adding an interesting infill between designs :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment